Friday, June 5, 2009

from April 2008....

April 23 2008-" We saw Dr. Cook yesterday around 9:30. My mom, dad, Meemaw and Gwen all met us there. It was really hard to sit in the waiting room with other families going through the same or worse than we are. Dr. Cook did a full scan and checked everything! He says that the spots are still there and that they could be a soft marker for Downs, this means that it is just one of the many signs off Downs. He measured EVERY part of Troy, his head, back of the neck, hands, fingers, feet and toes. Looked at all parts of his heart. He said that everything else was "normal" and that since we did not want to do an Amnio (which he said he wouldn't either becasue of the risk to Troy) then we should just go home and try to get on with things. This was good to hear but also stressful becasue you can't just forget about something like this. It will always be in the back of my mind. I will continue to pray for him and if God has a differnt plan then I will go with it and do the best I can do.

April 21 2008- "We just got back from Talladega for Tanner's birthday party, it was fun. Even though everyone is a bit nervous about going to Genetic Dr tomorrow. I felt the first real kicks today. I have been feeling him move but today was different. It was really hard and fast kicks. I think he likes it when I play Rock Band. HA I don't want to go to the Dr. tomorrow. I am scared."

April 11 2008- "I am having a really hard time right now. We went to our 20 week scan yesterday and Dr. Freeman found "bright spots" on Troy's heart. He doesn't know what they are yet and is sending us to UAB to see a Fetal Genetics Dr. I am really scared adn hope Troy iss going to be ok. I love him so much already. Since I opted out of the tri scan earlier in the pregnancy we now have to rule out Downs and a few other things. I will not have an Amnio done! If there is something wrong with Troy, then we will get through it with Gods help. I would never opt to abort him in any case. The Amnio may put further stress on him, which he does not need. So for now we will wait and see what the Dr. at UAB tells us(we don't go until the 22nd). Until then we will pray that he is ok and that we will have the strengh to get through this. Whatever it may be.I am up 4 pounds and my blood pressure was up today but of course (they took it after telling me the news) it was 110/61. Troy's heart rate was 142. "
A few new pictures that we got, the first one is of his feet and the second is a profile shot- he looks like a little alien here but we still think he is cute already. 

April 6 2008- "I think I felt Troy moving today. It is such a neat thing to feel this precious baby moving inside of me." We go Dr. Freeman for my 20 week scan andd checkup on the 10th although I will be 19 weeks and 3 days."
This picture is at almost 19 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment