Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Daycare is tough...

Why does it have to be so hard to send a child to daycare? I mean most people have to at some pint and time. So why do we mothers always feel so guilty about it? Troy has started going a few times a week for a few hours so he can get used to it before school starts back (or so I can get used to it). I really do want to go back to work but I feel awful leaving Troy. I have been lucky to be able to stay with him for the first year but it is still so hard. I have thoughts like: I don't want someone else to raise my baby and will they watch him like I do? or will all his needs be met the way they are at home? It is really tough! I know people do it all the time, so I will make it. I just worry about so much. I don't want to waste any time that I have with him, I didn't even want him to nap this afternoon because I wanted to spend time with him. I don't want things to have to change too much for him. 

3 comments:

  1. Once we have kids, I will be the SAME WAY so do not feel bad sister! Leaving your precious baby with virtual strangers has got to be hard on anyone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jen! i found your blog through facebook. LOVE the pictures of troy.
    ok, this post makes me feel like a bad mom b/c i love daycare. i felt the same way you did when allie was a baby (she had to start going at 3 months), but once she got older, i love that she is able to interact and play with other kids her age. i feel like she would be bored and not have good social skills if she were at home with me all the time.
    so it's definitely hard to get used to, but i think you will see that it's not bad at all once he's been there for a little while.
    good luck with the job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenn! You know, I thought it was easier to leave Evan when he was a smaller baby because I knew he would sleep most of the day, I didn't feel like I was missing much. Now that he is older it is so hard to leave him everyday. I have found that I am so anxious to get to him in the afternoon and once we are home, every minute I have is spent in the floor loving on or holding him (or now, walking and holding his hands). Isn't it amazing how your whole world is changed when your precious baby enters the world? I never dreamed I could love someone as much as I do Evan. I know you know what I am talking about. Be thankful that you have found someone you trust to take care of Troy. I thank God for Laura Beth every day. I know that she loves Evan as one of her own. Evan loves his interaction with Henry and Ella during the day. I can tell he misses them over the weekend. Just know that God has his hand of protection over Troy even when you can't be with him. Take a deep breath, it's gonna be ok. What makes me know that Evan does not think I have deserted him is when I get there in the afternoon and he greets me with a smile and kiss. It's the best thing in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete